Saturday, January 22, 2011

Note from Kevin Graunke

One of the things I’ve found most helpful in talking with others about Christian Science is to get past the idea that I have to speak for the entire Christian Science movement—to represent all of Christian Science, around the world, to the person I’m speaking with.

Sharing from one’s own experience is so much more effective…and authentic. We really can’t (and shouldn’t) presume to speak for others and their journeys in this Science. Most all of us have had healings and insights that should just come so naturally to share.

One meaning of the word “share” is to enjoy (something) jointly with another or others—like having lunch together, or attending a concert. Sharing some of what Christian Science has meant to us should be just as enjoyable both for us and for those asking about it.

- Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment