Monday, January 31, 2011

One way

One way I've approached talking to others about CS is to think about how Jesus did it. He talked about the Holy Ghost (Christian Science) all the time. He used examples and parables that people could relate to and understand, in his explanations. He spoke from his own experience. I think we can do that as well. Our BLs are great sources of how to do this. A lot of times people want to get all hung up on theology- what points do we agree on or what points do we not agree on. What is right and what is wrong. And then stay there in thought. This is nothing new. The Pharisees were always trying to trip up Jesus on points of Jewish law. Did he wonder if he was doing a good job of communicating? He never gave up in his efforts to share what he knew would bless the world. I am confident this upcoming workshop will help us do the same.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also sure this workshop will do what you described Bonnie! Especially if people come with great ideas like what you've shared here.

    This is a good point I'll give more thought. What were the little things Jesus did in his communication to be so clearly communicate God's love to the least prepared listener and also be able to humble a wealthy immoral man to the point of having a change of heart? I guess this means that there is nobody we interact with that we couldn't potentially share some good with, whether it's audible, body language, or simply our thought.

    ReplyDelete